Saturday, January 29, 2011

Anatomy Studies: Pelvis and Legs

I've been looking at my art from my imagination, and it's been lacking. I particularly felt that the lower limbs were my current weakspot. I don't think I've paid much attention to the legs as I did the upper body, probably because they're usually covered by clothing, like skirts and pants, or they are not part of the picture. I realized I was getting by with them, using short cuts. So, it was time to go back to the anatomy studies. I'm aiming to do masters studies, learning from teachers/authors like Peck and Bridgman, and, most important, try to apply it to referenced pics (I need to find a life drawing group again). Expect more leg studies in the near future.



Drawings based on Richard Peck, George Bridgman, and Jack Hamm.







Hope to have more varied subjects and images to show in the future as well. Need to draw non-human stuff.

No comments: