Next came a number of studies. This is one page I did of some kissing studies. I also reviewed some potential fish for mer!Fakir, including stingrays and swordfish, before settling on the visually interesting lionfish.
After the studies, I moved on to the actual work. Started with a blue Colerase pencil. You can see the details I added, from the rough figures, to the fins and the mask held by Fakir.
Inking. I opted to use FW acrylic ink this time to be sure the ink would go over the pencil lines well.
Here is where I deviated from my original plans. I had planned to color it in Photoshop, but I was running out of time, and I'm still not very comfortable with coloring. I also recently found some lovely B&W art that was inspiration for me to try using solid blacks. I used a #3 brush to paint around the figures, which was not as neat as I would have liked, and used a white gel pen to draw in the bubbles.
Final version, with blue lines removed and contrast evened out.