Thursday, April 8, 2010

April Drawing: Days 6, 7, & 8

I've been drawing, I just take forever to scan my drawings in. The last couple of days I was in a funk but started to get out of it a little bit yesterday.

Day 6 This was inspired by a scene in a short story I wrote for the steampunk fairy tale universe Becky and I have been playing with. It's supposed to be my Red Riding Hood pilot, but not too pleased with it. I'll come back to some time later.


Day 7 This was from a Walter Foster How to Draw book, namely Lilo and Stitch. No, it's not scanned upside down. I tend to fall back on some exercises in Betty Edward's Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain when I get in a funk or I'm rusty. I like to use images with clean lines, so I took advantage of the WF book.


Day 8 Tonight was also the last night for the portrait drawing class I mentioned in earlier posts. The model was lit from below, and that was enough for me to shift gears enough to get a satisfactory image. Probably my best portrait from the whole class.

No comments: