Saturday, January 14, 2012

New Year, New Goals (sorta)

It's a new year, and symbolically at least a chance to start over. I want 2012 to be the year I get out of the artistic plateau I find myself in. I want to make my anatomy stronger, my figures more dynamic, and to increase the variety of my subjects. I've given myself the challenge of drawing at least one picture a day, based on the theme for the month. My goal is to use this to draw everyday. The theme drawings are meant to be a minimum; I wish to also get more studies done and improve my technique. But I've learned that just learning for the sake of learning isn't really all that fun. But learning to be able to apply what I've learned to a picture I want to do, that is fun and will hopefully lead to more progress.

To finish up the wordy part of this post, I have done all right so far on my challenge. I've been meeting the daily theme drawings (men this month) so far, at least. These helped to drive home to me how much I need to spend more time learning and prepping; I want to spend the last half of the month with drawings that have a little more thought put into them for things like composition. So let's use the last two weeks' worth of images as a benchmark for 2012. And here's to me being more active here again.











No comments: