Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Marker Challenge: Days 17-20

On to the new second theme for this little challenge. In general, I have switched over to logos, badges, and icons because I wanted to have some fun with graphic but potentially fun images. This theme will have a mix of original and fan creations, with probably more fanart at the start.

The first set is the Kanto Region gym badges from Pokemon. I enjoyed the game and the badges are probably familiar to many people. I decided to do the badges with representatives of the corresponding elements behind or surrounding each one. These combinations would allow me to play with backgrounds and design and a few elements.




I probably enjoyed the Cascade and Thunder badges the most of the ones I've done so far. I wanted to play with doing water around a pile of sand to refer to the original water gym, and I think it turned out well for one of my few attempts at water. I am also pleased with how I was able to convey lightning for the Thunder badge. The only downside is that because of the design elements, the badge is smaller than the others. Oh, well.

No comments: